PANAMA TO COLOMBIA
ABOUT THE BOAT
- JONATHAN is the ideal trip for guests who are looking for a relaxed, well equipped, comfortable and spacious Catamaran with a big net area between the hulls.
- Big Boat (54 ft) just 10 Guests – you will never feel cramped on this boat. Good equipment (Kayak, SUP,…) professional crew, since 5 years in Guna Yala, experience in several social projects in Guna Yala and well known at several communities in Guna Yala. We will have an open fire on one of the islands.
- JONATHAN (marketing name since 25 Years, the register name at AMP in Panamá is SELINA 2).
- 2008, 54 Feet. Customs built Catamaran, epoxy and fiberglass made in Brazil, registered in Panama.
- Safety equipment Emergency Life raft, live jackets, EPIRB Satellite emergency System, GPS, VHF, RADAR, 2 x AUTOPILOT, 3 x Chartplotter, MOB System, Live rings, hand flares, parachute distress- and smoke signals, fully equipped for transatlantic Cruises, which we did already with this boat 4 times.
- Amenities Water Maker (unlimited water on board), Kayak, Stand up Paddleboard (SUP), Electric Toilets, Snorkel Gear, we sail maximum with just 10 guests and 2 Crew – 5 Double cabins, 2 bed in the Salon.
ABOUT THE CREW
- Captain: Powerboat license of MSVÖ, Yacht Master License of ÖSV, Commercial Captain for inshore Bunks AMP
- Background Studies of Airplane Technique at BMS f FLT in Austria, MBA,
- Experience: Sailing since 26 Years in the Charter Industry in the Mediterranean, British Virgin Islands, Antigua, Cuba, Lesser Antilles, Latin and Central America, several Atlantic Crossings on different Sailing Yachts
- Languages spoken: Captain: English, Spanish, Deutsch CREW: English, Creole.
- Captain is involved in several social projects in Guna Yala such as Glasses for the albino children - we bring specialists on our behalf to measure the eyes of guna indigenes, we let produce the glasses and bring them to the people – for free. So we are in several communities very welcomed.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 6 days / 5 nights.
- About 8 hours from Puerto Lindo to the San Blas islands. Approximately 3 days within The San Bas Islands. Followed by an ocean crossing that averages 35 – 40 to Cartagena, but can be affected by wind, sea and currents.
- Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling.
- Visiting a few Guna families
- Accommodation onboard the sailboat.
- 3 meals per day.
- Water & coffee.
- Use of fishing gear.
- Snorkel equipment for all guests.
- Immigration assistance.
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- Total Cost = $550
- $50 deposit payment made to Cacique Cruiser to reserve your spot.
- $500 per guest for the boat trip paid to the captain.
- This price does not include the $20 Guna territory entrance fee, which must be paid to the captain in cash when requested.
- This price does not include transport from Panama City to the boats departure point.
- Canadian passport holders are charged an additional visa fee by Colombia of 190,000 Colombian pesos. Check today's exchange rate online.
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat departs from Puerto Lindo Panama.
- Guests must meet at restaurant at Casa X hostel at 4pm on the trip date for a pre trip meeting. To get there guests must pay for ground transportation. There are 2 options:
- The public bus. This will cost about $12 total, but you must depart Panama City's Albrook bus terminal to Colon by 8 am in order to make what is normally the last connection direct to Puerto Lindo at 10am.
- Schedule a seat in in a shuttle for $25, see shuttle details below.
- The boat arrives at Club Nautica marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas.
- There is a minimum of 2 guests required for this shuttle to operate.
- The shuttle costs $25 per guest and will pick you up between 12:30 and 1pm on the date of your trip. Your driver is Hernan, a very experienced an friendly driver. He will offer to stop at a supermarket along the way to give you an opportunity to purchase last minute items such as sunscreen, toiletries, snacks or alcohol. The $25 shuttle fee needs to be paid to Hernan in cash.
- The day before the trip we will add you to a Whatsapp group with our team, the driver and other shuttle passengers. This gives us an easy way to send out pick up times, communicate delays and answer questions others might like to know as well.
- To sign up for the shuttle all we need from you is a confirmation reply that also includes your pick up location in Panama City. The other option for transportation is the public bus. This will cost about $12 total, but you must depart Panama Citys Albrook bus terminal to Colon by 8 am in order to make what is normally the last connection direct to Puerto Lindo at 10am.
- Surfboards and kitesurf gear cost $5 additional for the shuttle, please let us know in advance if you are bringing these so our driver can plan to fit these along with the passengers and baggage.
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button.
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $50 online.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider going round-trip to the San Blas islands from Panama City then flying to Colombia. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City.
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Separate your luggage into two bags. One small ‘day pack’ for what you will need for the time on the boat and your main bag/backpack which will be stowed away. It is also advisable to protect luggage with large plastic trash bags.
- Snacks and beverages you want for the trip. We recommend shopping in Panama City as there are no big shops near the boats departure point.
- 2 copies of your passport.
- Cash to pay the ground transport, entrance fees the balance due on the sailboat trip, and any spending money you want for the trip.
- Tight fitting T-shirt to snorkel.
- Mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore.
- Sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night.
- The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket
- If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy.
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
You have health problems or conditions the crew should be aware of.
You can’t swim.
You have allergies to certain foods.
This boat is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.