ABOUT TO THE BOAT
The Corto is a nice Beneteau 43 ft boat from the year 1987 and can comfortably take 8 guests on their trips.
ABOUT TO THE CAPTAIN
Tote has been doing this trip for more than 3 years.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days, 4 nights
- 3 meals per day plus tea, coffee, and water.
- 3 days between the islands of San Blas- every night a different anchorage
- 2 days on the open sea to Cartagena.
- On board there is snorkeling equipment that guests can use.
- Accommodation onboard
- 3 meals per day
- Water, tea & coffee
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Use of fishing gear
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- $550 per guest for the boat trip from its starting point. $50 of this must be paid as a deposit to reserve the trip
- $20 Guna territory entrance fee
- Approximately $15 - bus 1 way between Panama City and Puerto Lindo, Panama
- The price does not include beverages besides drinking water
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat departs from Puerto Lindo, Panama. The captain meets the guests at a hostel called Casa X the day of the trip. Guests must arrive no later than noon, although the exact boat departure time may vary due to weather and wind conditions. To get to Casa X guests must pay for ground transportation. The least expensive is the public bus from Albrook Bus Terminal in Panama.
- The boat arrives at Club Nautica marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas of Cartagena.
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button.
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $50 online.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider going round-trip to the San Blas islands from Panama City then flying to Colombia. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City.
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- 2 copies of your passport.
- the cash you need to pay the balance of the ground transport, entrance fees, small boat to the sailboat, and the balance due on the sailboat trip.
- A high protection sunscreen.
- A tight-fitting T-shirt to snorkel.
- prepare a small bag with all you need during the trip.
- we ll put your big case in an other storage without access.
- A mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore.
- A sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night.
- A towel.
- The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket.
- bring your snack, sweets, sodas, beers etc.
- If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy.
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
- You have health problems or conditions the crew should be aware of
- You can’t swim
- You have allergies to certain foods
Corto II is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.