From USD 600
+1 Additional options
PANAMA TO COLOMBIA
ABOUT THE BOAT
- Looking for a comfortable and relaxed trip to Colombia by sea? Hop on THE SANTANA! The Santana is the ideal trip if you are looking for a spacious Catamaran. Unlike others this boat is not over crowded. Captain Gisi is an experienced Captain that has been in San Blas for many years and makes you feel safe and comfortable on board.
- SANTANA is a 50 foot aluminum catamaran built in 1996 and she got completely refurbished in September 2015.
- The catamaran is very strong and safe and is equipped with life jackets, two emergency life rafts, satellite telephone, GPS, hand flares, parachute distress- and smoke signals and MOB system.
- SANTANA offers a huge deck space and may easily take up 16 passengers plus crew.
- There is the decks house with 10 comfortable beds and a big dining table and social area. There are two cabins in each hull, each cabin sleeps 3 ppl sleep.
- On board are snorkeling gear, a dinghy, fishing equipment a big fridge for the guests, a fresh water shower and two bathrooms with electric toilets.
CAPTAIN & CREW
- German owner ¨Gisi¨ holds a professional worldwide cruising license and is full-time sailor since 2006. He has sailed in the Baltic Sea, Mediterranean and Caribbean speaks german, english and spanish.
- Captain Greg grew up on the coast of Chile and had a Capitan as a father. He has been living/working/sailing on boats since he a young kid and has enough miles on sail boats to circle the globe a couple times. He has sailed all over Europe from Finland to Greece and through the Caribbean ; from Florida down to Chile. Greg is also an expert free diver and a sashimi master.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 6 days / 5 nights
- About 8 hours from Puerto Lindo to the San Blas islands. Approximately 3 days within The San Bas Islands. Followed by an ocean crossing that averages 35 – 40 to Cartagena, but can be affected by wind, sea and currents.
- Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling.
- Visiting a Guna community to see the local culture and customs.
- Accommodation onboard.
- 3 daily delicious meals made of fresh ingredients, Salads and Fruits.
- Water & coffee & tea.
- Use of fishing gear.
- Snorkel equipment for all guests.
- Immigration assistance.
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- Total Cost = $550
- $50 deposit payment made to Cacique Cruiser to reserve your spot.
- $500 per guest for the boat trip paid to the captain.
- This price does not include the $20 Guna territory entrance fee, which must be paid to the captain in cash when requested.
- This price does not include transport from Panama City to the boats departure point.
- Canadian passport holders are charged an additional visa fee by Colombia of 190,000 Colombian pesos. Check today's exchange rate online.
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat departs from Puerto Lindo Panama.
- Guests must meet at restaurant at Casa X hostel at 5pm on the trip date for a pre trip meeting. To get there guests must pay for ground transportation. There are 2 options:
- The public bus. This will cost about $12 total, but you must depart Panama City's Albrook bus terminal to Colon by 8 am in order to make what is normally the last connection direct to Puerto Lindo at 10am.
- Schedule a seat in in a shuttle for $25, see shuttle details below.
- The boat arrives at Club Nautica marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas. The arrival time is usually sometime in the mid to late morning but this depends on weather conditions.
- There is a minimum of 2 guests required for this shuttle to operate.
- The shuttle costs $25 per guest and will pick you up between 12:30 and 1pm on the date of your trip. Your driver is Hernan, a very experienced an friendly driver. He will offer to stop at a supermarket along the way to give you an opportunity to purchase last minute items such as sunscreen, toiletries, snacks or alcohol. The $25 shuttle fee needs to be paid to Hernan in cash.
- The day before the trip we will add you to a Whatsapp group with our team, the driver and other shuttle passengers. This gives us an easy way to send out pick up times, communicate delays and answer questions others might like to know as well.
- To sign up for the shuttle all we need from you is a confirmation reply that also includes your pick up location in Panama City. The other option for transportation is the public bus. This will cost about $12 total, but you must depart Panama Citys Albrook bus terminal to Colon by 8 am in order to make what is normally the last connection direct to Puerto Lindo at 10am.
- Surfboards and kitesurf gear cost $5 additional for the shuttle, please let us know in advance if you are bringing these so our driver can plan to fit these along with the passengers and baggage.
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Separate your luggage into two bags. One small ‘day pack’ for what you will need for the time on the boat and your main bag/backpack which will be stowed away. It is also advisable to protect luggage with large plastic trash bags.
- Snacks and beverages you want for the trip. We recommend shopping in Panama City as there are no big shops near the boats departure point.
- 2 copies of your passport.
- Cash to pay the ground transport, entrance fees the balance due on the sailboat trip, and any spending money you want for the trip.
- Tight fitting T-shirt to snorkel.
- Mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore.
- Sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night.
- The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket
- If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy.
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
- You have health problems or conditions the crew should be aware of.
- You can’t swim.
- You have allergies to certain foods.
This boat is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.