ABOUT THE BOAT
Vanett is a 72 ft(22m.) Giorgetti & Magrini design custom built steel ketch. Coupled with 2×220hp engines on board and large sail area, her size and speed makes the passage between Colombia and Panama very fast and comfortable.
She sleeps 14 passengers in private cabins with private bathrooms and private cabins with shared bathrooms. Total 4 heads/bathroom).
Her favorite feature is her flush deck which is large enough for eveyrone to lounge around at the same time or to host a dance party without it feeling overcrowded. Inside salon is also a large indoor entertainment area to play cards chess etc. as well as dining.
For safety she carries vhf radio, life jackets, epirb emetgency beacon, spot gps which also has emergency beacon, liferafts, and extensive first aid kit.
There are snorkels, fins and a dinghy with motor with which captain, who is also a diver, takes eveyone on diving trips to his favorite spots and teaches some tricks to find and better observe the fish. They also have fsihing equipment.
ABOUT THE CREW
- Rengin and Tashin from Turkey/USA have both been sailing since they were young and have been together now for many years. They do a great trip and are known for their relaxed atmosphere, interaction with the guests and delicious Turkish influenced cuisine
- Her crew is one of the most experienced in the area. They have been doing these trips for last 10 yrs. on their own, smaller boat before bringing in Vanett. During that time their delicious meals (international with lots of Mediterrenean dishes) have been complemented endlessly.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days/ 5 nights
- 3 days in the San Blas islands and 2 days over open ocean to Cartagena
- 3 meals per day plus water
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat departs from the marina in Puerto Lindo, Panama. To get there guests must pay for ground transportation. The least expensive is the public bus from Albrook Bus Terminal in Panama City(see COSTS)
- The boat arrives at Club Nautica Marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas
- Double private cabins with private bath $550 per guest and Single beds in private cabins.with shared bath $500 per guest for the boat trip from its starting point.
- $75 of this must be paid as a deposit to reserve the trip
- $20 Guna territory entrance fee
- Approximately $15 - bus 1 way between Panama City and Portobelo, Panama or we can arrange a shuttle for $25 each guest (2 guest minimum).
- The price is exclusive alcohol beverages (e. g. one can of cold beer is US$ 1.00 on board or in the islands
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $75 online
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider going round-trip to the San Blas islands from Panama City then flying to Colombia. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City