5 day/ 5 night sailing trip from Cartagena, Colombia through the breathtakingly beautiful islands of San Blas to Puerto Lindo, Panama.
ABOUT THE BOAT
- Capacity for up to 10 passengers.
- Boat dimensions: a spacious 53 foot boat.
- Boat is equipped with: snorkeling gear, GPS, radar, autopiloto, radio VHF, CD-player, TV, DVD.
- For a comfortable and relaxing trip, African Queen features: a front cabin with two singles, a shared cabin with two double bunks and a single, and three berths in the salon. It also has a large bathroom and a very comfortable cockpit outside for relaxing.
CAPTAIN & CREW
- The captain of African Queen, Rudi, has been operating trips in San Blas longer than almost any other captain. He has a deep knowledge of the islands, the people and how to make an authentic trip. He will show take you through paradisiacal landscapes.
- Rudi & his wife - He is Italian and he is an excellent host, he is famous for his tasty Mediterranean cuisine. He speaks Spanish, German, Italian and English.
- Accommodation onboard the sailboat.
- 3 meals per day.
- Water, coffee & tea.
- Use of fishing gear.
- Snorkel equipment for all guests.
- Immigration assistance
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days / 5 nights.
- Start with an ocean crossing that averages 35 – 40 hours from Cartagena to the gorgeous San Blas islands, the crossing time can be affected by wind, sea and currents.
- Approximately 3 days within The San Blas Islands. Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling.
- Visiting few Guna families, having barbeque with them an coco loco.
- 3 daily delicious meals made of fresh ingredients, Salads and Fruits.
- About 8 hours from the San Blas islands to Puerto Lindo.
THE DEPARTURE POINT & ARRIVAL LOCATION
- The boat departs from Club Nautica marina in Cartagena, Colombia, where guests can easily take a taxi to. The exact departure time will be confirmed once the booking is made since this sometimes depends on weather conditions.
- The boat arrives to Puerto Lindo, Panama. To get from there to Panama City guests must pay for ground transportation. The option for this are:
- Shuttle (2 guest minimum), $25 per guest. Drop off at any location in Panama City.
- Public bus, $15 per guest approximately. Puerto Lindo to Colon - Colon to Albrook terminal in Panama City. Please give yourself extra time in Puerto Lindo with this option as buses often run late or get cancelled.
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
Boat Trip Cost = $550
- $50 deposit payment made to Cacique Cruiser to reserve your spot.
- $500 per guest for the boat trip paid to the captain.
Not included in the trip cost:
- Guna territory entrance fee, which must be paid to the captain in cash when requested. ($20 per guest).
- Transport to the port in Cartagena (app. $5 per guest).
- Transport from Puerto Lindo to Panama City ($15 to $25 per guest).
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Make your reservation online.
- We will check availability,and reply to you within 24 hour.
- If confirmed we will charge your card with a deposit payment of $50.
- We will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat.
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
- You have health problems or conditions the crew should be aware of.
- You can’t swim.
- You have allergies to certain foods.
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Separate your luggage into two bags. One small ‘day pack’ for what you will need for the time on the boat and your main bag/backpack which will be stowed away. It is also advisable to protect luggage with large plastic trash bags.
- Snacks and beverages you want for the trip. We recommend shopping in Panama City as there are no big shops near the boats departure point.
- 2 copies of your passport.
- Cash to pay the ground transport, entrance fees, the balance due on the sailboat trip, and any spending money you want for the trip.
- Tight fitting T-shirt to snorkel.
- Mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore.
- Sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night.
- The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket.
- If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy.
This boat is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.